Photo Albums


Peter Paul Builders


Games Photo Albums - Hibernian FC

The pictures featured in the albums within this section of the site were taken before, during and after matches involving Hibernian FC.

The albums open in a new browser window (1000x700) so you need to ensure your computer display resolution is set to at least 1024x768. If the album fails to open then you may have to adjust your pop-up blocker settings.

Season 2007-2008


"... we have to be really switched on from the start. "

Hibernian 2-0 ICT FC 23rd February 2008

No points today for Caley Jags. For the second time in four days their fate was sealed in the opening minutes of the game. Hibs scored their two goals in the first five minutes of the match. Caley Jags, especially during the second half, played some of their finest football of the season. This display however did not result in any further goals. Hibs opened on 3 mins when Merouane Zemmama sent Colin Nish clear through on goal with only Micheal Fraser to beat. Then, only 2 mins later, Steven Fletcher scored from a low drive from the middle of the penalty area.

Craig Brewster was pleased with the second half performance, but was at a loss to explain the opening period of play: "It was an unbelievable start and you fear a long afternoon... the second half performance was superb and the only thing missing was a goal... it's not easy winning games in the SPL and we have to be really switched on from the start."

Mixu Paatelainen was delighted with his side's win: "Inverness are not a bad team at all and not to concede a goal is great too... but after a really good start we stopped playing... our defending at times wasn't good and there were too many misplaced passes."

23-Feb-08, 81 Photos


"... players didn't really perform."

Hibernian 3-0 ICT FC 12th January 2008

Caley Jags were convincingly put out of the Scottish Cup by Hibs. Three goals without reply saw Hibernian progress to the next round. Dean Shiels scored a hat-trick with goals on 5, 53 and 84 mins. The Caley Jags support have to wait a bit longer for goal 1000.

Craig Brewster said: "... it's always difficult when you lose an early goal... I don;t think we were really at the races today... too many of our forward thinking players didn't really perform."

Hibs new manager Mixu Paatelainen acknowledged the part his new assistant Donald Park played in Caley Jags' defeat: "We trained and worked on stuff we wanted to exploit and it worked. Donald Park played a big part as he knows the Inverness players' strengths and weaknesses."

12-Jan-08, 66 Photos


"... I'm really pleased for Marius..."

ICT FC 2-0 Hibernian 8th December 2007

Caley Jags achieved their third consecutive league win to place them just one point behind Hearts. Much to the delight of the home support, Marius Niculae scored his first two SPL goals for Caley Jags. His opener came on 42 mins when Niculae picked up the ball from John Rankin and then neatly lobbed the advancing Hibs’ keeper Yves  Makalambay.  Niculae’s second came on 78 mins, his time being fed by Graham Bayne. His shot looked to be going wide but was intercepted by Darren McCormack. His botched clearance went straight back to Niculae who proceeded to knock the ball back into the net.

Manager Craig Brewster was pleased to see the team's winning performance continue: "... that's our third win and third clean sheet on the trot... we rode our luck a bit at times but the longer the game went on the stronger we became... I'm really pleased for Marius... he has a big smile on his face and I think he enjoyed that."

John Collins was disappointed not to pick up any points: "I don't think we played that badly... it was one of those days when we were close but not close enough."

08-Dec-07, 63 Photos

Hibernian A 1-2 ICT FC A 18th September 2007

This reserves match was held at Almondvale Stadium, Livingston. Caley Jags looked most likely to score first after a strong start. Then on 28 mins Alan Morgan made a penetrating run down the left wing. His cross into the box was met by Jake Inglis who netted the ball. It was only 4 mins before Hibs levelled the score when Damon Gray put the ball past Zibi Malkowski. Hibs were stronger in the second half and pushed the Caley Jags into their own half for most of the remainder of the game. However, another surging run by Morgan into the Hibs box saw him pulled down. The resulting penalty was put away by Dean McDonald on 80 mins.

18-Sep-07, 62 Photos


"...absolutely terrific... some of the football was fantastic"

Hibernian 1-0 ICT FC 1st September 2007

Caley Jags went a goal down after 2 minutes from a penalty, and failed to equalize from a penalty on 36 minutes. However, the rest of the game was entertaining with Caley Jags dominating long periods of play, particularly in the first half. Steven Fletcher scored from the spot after Stuart McCaffrey was seen to handle the ball. Caley Jags had the opportunity to level the score when Robert Jones fouled Craig Brewster. Marius Niculae took the resulting penalty but it was saved by Yves Kalambay.

Craig Brewster said after the game: "We gave ourselves a mountain to climb after a minute... some of the football after that was absolutely terrific... we got a penalty and unfortunately the keeper saves it... in the second half we had a lot of shots from the edge of the box but never really troubled the keeper... but some of the football was fantastic."

John Collins was not satisfied with the Hibs performance: "We're not comfortable on the ball and there seems to be a bit of tension... I don't know where it's coming from but the good news is that we're still winning... and not playing well."

01-Sep-07, 90 Photos

01/09/07, 22 Photos - Bonus Album


Season 2006-2007

"... we can be a match for anyone....  "

ICT FC 3-0 Hibernian 21st January 2007

Caley Jags played one of their finest games today when they met Hibs at home. The first half saw some of the best football from the team since they entered the SPL. They opened the scoring when a poor attempt at a clearance by Chris Hogg was intercepted by Dennis Wyness.He deflected the ball into the path of Craig Dargo who had no problem netting the ball on 20 minutes. Ten minutes later Roy McBain added to the score after receiving a cross from Ross Tokely. With three minutes remaining in the first half Barry Wilson completed the scoring when he lopped the ball over keeper Andrew McNeill.

Charlie Christie was understandably pleased with the teams' performance, particulartly in the first half: "I thought we were tremendous in the first half and after we got the first goal we put Hibs to the sword for the next 20 minutes... It was a first-class showing from my players, we can be a match for anyone."John Collins also commented on his teams' first half performance: "It was a forty-five minutes to forget and too many players were below par."

21/01/07, 54 Photos

"... we got caught napping...  "

Hibernian 2-0 ICT FC 11th November 2006

Caley Jags failed to pick up a point for the first time since 26th August when their last visit to Edinburgh saw them beaten by Hearts. Both sides had their opportunities during the game with fine chances from Caley Jags' Craig Dargo, Graham Bayne, and Gary McSwegan all being denied by on form Hibs keeper Zbigniew Malkowski. Hibs substitute Steven Fletcher opened the scoring on 65 minutes when he blasted home from the left side of the penalty box. Then on 81 minutes Mark Brown was sent off for pulling down Christopher Killen when he was through on to goal. Two minutes later Killen scored from the resulting penalty.

Caley Jags manager Charlie Christie said: "With sixty minutes gone in the game I was relatively happy with the way things were going. We had fallen out of it for a fifteen minute spell in the first half but we started the second half reasonably well and then we got caught napping in an important area and Hibs went ahead. They are a good side when they get their noses in front.... "Hibernian manager John Collins acknowledged the important part his keeper played in the game, "He has come in for a bit of criticism even before I arrived but he has responded in the perfect way with two terrific saves.... My job is to give him confidence. He was down after the Kilmarnock game."

11/11/06, 63 Photos

ICT FC 0-0 Hibernian FC 12th August 2006

When Hibs visited Inverness both teams were still to win their first game of the season. This game ended with no goals being scored and the points being shared. Manager Charlie Christie believes it was down to Darren Dods that Caley Jags earned a point. "He was the man of the match and was very solid in defence. In particular, I thought he was a rock when Hibs became more direct in the second half and I have no qualms about Darren staying here." Referring to Dods' rejected transfer request, earlier in the week, Charlie said "Darren will still be here in May 2007, and we want to make it clear that he is going nowhere - and maybe he will even extend his stay with us."

12/08/06, 96 Photos


Season 2005-2006


Hibernian 0-2 ICT FC 25th March 2006

Album, consisting of 91 photographs, by Peter. [Album 25/03/06a]

Album, consisting of 30 photographs. [Album 25/03/06]

Hibernian 1-2 ICTFC 2nd October 2005

Album consisting of 71 photographs by Peter. [Album 02/10/05 ]

Season 2004-2005


ICT FC 3-0 Hibernian 2nd March 2005

Album consisting of 7 photographs by Cameron. [Album 02/03/05 ]

Hibernian 2-1 ICTFC 27th November 2004

Album consisting of 45 photographs. [Album 27/11/04]

ICT FC 1-2 Hibernian 11th September 2004

Album consisting of 22 photographs. [Album 11/09/04]



About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | ©2004 - 2011