Photo Albums


Peter Paul Builders


Games Photo Albums - Falkirk FC

The pictures featured in the albums within this section of the site were taken before, during and after matches involving Falkirk FC.

The albums open in a new browser window (1000x700) so you need to ensure your computer display resolution is set to at least 1024x768. If the album fails to open then you may have to adjust your pop-up blocker settings.


Season 2007-2008


"... the second goal killed us... "

Download - Team Lines

Falkirk 2-1 ICT FC 10th May 2008

Caley Jags failed to pick up further points this week as they went down two goals to one at Falkirk.   The Bairns' first goal came on 29 mins when Michael Higdon scored following a Pedro Moutinho corner. On 68 mins Carl Finnigan scored Falkirk's second, again with the assistance of Moutinho. Caley Jags pulled one back in extra time. Barry Wilson scored from the spot after being taken down in the box by Thomas Scobbie.

After the defeat Craig Brewster commented: "... they really passed us off the park in the first half hour... they were sharper and stronger than us which was disappointing... we came back strongly after the half time break but the second goal killed us..."

10-May-08, 62 Photos

Thanks to Ken Macpherson for providing photographs for inclusion within this week's album.


"... at no stage did we look like scoring... "

ICT FC 0-1 Falkirk 15th March 2008

Today’s game was important to both Caley Jags and Falkirk as each eyed up a top six position before the split. However the closely matched sides cancelled each other out for the majority of the game. The introduction of substitutes by both sides, during the second half, lifted the game for the final fifteen minutes. Caley Jags pressed the stronger and looked like they could break the deadlock. However, when the only goal of the match came it fell to Falkirk. On 86 mins substitute Billy Clarke scored from six yards after Russell Latapy penetrated the Caley Jags defence.

Manager Craig Brewster points to the team's recent inability to score as his biggest worry: "It was a very disappointing day especially the way the game finished.... the chances of getting in the top six are well gone and at the end of the day if you don't score goals you are never going to win games.... at no stage did we look like scoring and that is a worry... we have only scored four goals in nine games which is not good enough and you can't expect to win games with a record like that... we don't want to slip down the table and we need to put things right as soon as possible."

John Hughes commenting, after the match, said: “It wasn't the best of games... one or two of the players thought it was end of season stuff... the introduction of Latapy and Riera put us on the foot and it was a great time for us to score... it gets us nearer the top six, which has to be our target."

15-Mar-08, 99 Photos


"... we did not perform..."

Falkirk 1-0 ICT FC 26th December 2007

Caley Jags returned to Falkirk Stadium looking to continue their undefeated run at that venue. They defended deep during the first half and looked to score on the break. Three opportunities fell to John Rankin but no goals resulted. It was Falkirk who managed to score on 35 mins with a diving header from Gerard Aafjes. In the second half Caley Jags put greater pressure on Falkirk. Both sides had opportunities to add to the score. However, the game ended 1-0 allowing Falkirk to climb above Caley Jags in the table.

Craig Brewster was disappointed with the teams performance: "... for some reason we did not perform.  I thought we were very poor in the first half of the game however we probably had the two best chances of the game before the half-time interval.. aside from the goal, the goalkeepers didn't have many saves to make. I don't think we had much spark today... I don't know why."

Falkirk assistant Brian Rice said: "In the first half we played patchily, in the second half we didn't really play at all... we got the win so obviously we're pleased with that... but disappointed with the perfmance."

26-Dec-07, 42 Photos


"...we played tremendously well..."

ICT FC 4-2 Falkirk 29th September 2007

Caley Jags recent defeat to Celtic, John Hughes must have thought his side were going to have an easy time. Probably, anticipating a weak Caley Jags defence, he fielded three strikers and went for a 4-3-3 formation. Not a wise move as Caley Jags went on to claim their third win in a row and move above Gretna from  the bottom of the table. The opening goal came on 7 mins from Denis Wyness. A Ross Tokely cross was struck at goal by Marius Niculae but was blocked by keeper Tim Krul. Wyness was on hand to knock in the rebound. Russell Duncan added to the Caley Jags lead on 18 mins when his shot was deflected past the keeper. Falkirk replied on 27 mins when Kenny Milne netted following a Tam Scobbie free-kick. Caley Jags restored their two goal lead within five minutes after Ian Black scored when Niculae headed the ball down to him. Within a minute of the second half Falkirk got their second goal when Scott Arfield's 25-yard volley shot low past Michael Fraser. Wyness scored his second goal of the match on 54 mins. Despite a further two excellent opportunities for Wyness to get a hat-trick no further goals were scored in the match.

A very satisfied Craig Brewster said: "I thought we played tremendously well from the first minute to the last minute.The energy in the side just now is really good and we could have scored more if our final pass was better."

A reflective John Hughes said: "Going in at half-time three goals down you know you have a mountain to climb and we defended badly again. It's disappointing because we're a better football team than what we're showing at the moment."

29-Sep-07, 61 Photos


Season 2006-2007

"... a freak goal!"

Falkirk 1-0 ICT FC 5th May 2007

A 78 minute goal from Falkirk's Carl Finnigan was enough to win this game. It came after a long kick by Falkirk keeper Kasper Schmeicel was picked up and lobbed home over the head of Michael Fraser.

After the match Charlie Christie said: "... I thought both teams were certainly not at their best, but the game was there for us to win at half-time... but it took a freak goal to win it, a poor goal from our point of view."

Falkirk's assistant manager Brian Rice said: "... In the first half, there was nothing in the game but I think the introduction of the subs maybe freshened it up a bit and gave us a wee bit of impetus... we don't want the season to tail off and want to be undefeated in the last four games,"

05/05/07, 105 Photos

Right-click image to copy after loading in new window Caley Jags' Photo Download (1.815MB) [Right-click to save after loading into new window]

Right-click image to copy after loading in new window Bairns' Photo Download (1.504MB) [Right-click to save after loading into new window]

Previous Seasons' Falkirk Albums

"We lacked a wee bit of guile. "

ICT FC 1-1 Falkirk 7th April 2007

Caley Jags had the best of the first half. Chances fell to Craig Dargo, Barry Wilson, Richie Hart, John Rankin and Graham Bayne. Unfortunately none were converted to goals, Kasper Schmeichel making a number of excellent saves . The deadlock was broken on 80 mins when Falkirk substitute Carl Finnigan struck home from the edge of the box. Caley Jags did not stay behind for long, as a John Rankin volley from 6 yards provided the equalizer 6 mins later. Both teams had chances in the final minutes to claim all the points but neither side managed to score again.

Charlie Christie was satisfied with the team's performance, but thought they should have got more from the game, "I thought we deserved more than that... We were on top in the first half and I can't remember them having a shot on goal in the second half other than the goal... We lacked a wee bit of guile. In fact, you need to break teams down sometimes..."

John Hughes felt that it was fair that Caley Jags got a share of the points today. He felt his team lacked the composure required for their visit to Inverness, "If we had picked up the points, I must admit it would have been unjust on Inverness... Inverness is a very hard place to come and win... The players tried hard enough but the quality and composure wasn't there."

07/04/07, 97 Photos

Previous Falkirk Albums

"Fifteen minutes of madness...  "

Falkirk 3-1 ICT FC 30th December 2006

Caley Jags' John Rankin scored another scorcher today possibly better than his last, on Wednesday night, against Rangers. Unfortunately, for Caley Jags, Falkirk had already scored three, an Anthony Stokes' hat-trick. Stokes opened the scoring on 33 minutes after being put through by Russell Latapy. Then on 37 minutes Stokes got his second when he blasted the ball past Mark Brown. A simple tap in on 45 minutes completed his hat-trick. Falkirk had further chances in the second half but failed to increase their lead. Caley Jags played the second half with ten men after Ian Black picked up two cards during the interval. Gary McSwegan played the ball into the path of John Rankin on 90 minutes who then produced another unstoppable long range strike to give Caley Jags their only goal of the match.

Caley Jags manager Charlie Christie said, "It was a massive disappointment. Fifteen minutes of madness has cost us the game... we have one lapse in concentration and one good through ball and then we fall apart for fifteen minutes."John Hughes commenting on Stokes after the match said," "I'm thankful for him being up here in the first place and delighted with his goals. Fingers crossed we get the nod to keep him. I'd be happy to keep him."

30/12/06, 77 Photos

Previous Falkirk Albums

"... It was caution to the wind stuff... and the change in formation paid dividends. "

ICT FC 3-2 Falkirk 21st October 2006

Caley Jags went down two goals after Anthony Stokes scored on 41 and 51 minutes. Charlie Christie responded with the substitution of Roy McBain and Richard Hastings with Richie Hart and Denis Wyness. This was the start of a turn around which saw Caley Jags score three times before the final whistle. The first came from Craig Dargo on 70 minutes when he headed the ball into the net. John Rankin then scored his first goal for the club on 82 minutes. He followed this four minutes later with a second. Both goals came from free kicks.

Caley Jags manager Charlie Christie said: "...I am delighted, absolutely over the moon.  You don't get results and comebacks like that unless you have a great team spirit in the squad... " John Hughes: "... It's very, very disappointing as, for an hour, I thought that was as good as we have played, but mistakes cost us.."

21/10/06, 106 Photos

Previous Falkirk Albums


ICT FC 0-1 Falkirk (CIS) 19th September 2006

Falkirk's on-loan,18 year old, Arsenal Striker Anthony Stokes scored the only goal of the game. Caley Jags fought back and towards the end of the game substitute Rory McAllister managed to make contact with a Barry Wilson cross at the back post. However, the ball ended in the side-netting. Two minutes into stoppage time, Graham Bayne was also close to equalising when his diving header went just over

19/09/06, 16 Photos (Note: Photos taken in poor lighting)



Season 2005-2006


ICTFC 2-0 Falkirk 3rd May 2006

Album consisting of 80 photographs. [Album 03/05/06]

Falkirk 1-4 ICTFC 21st January 2006

Album consisting of 45 photographs by Peter. [Album 21/01/06 ]

Falkirk 0-2 ICT FC 30th July 2005

Album consisting of 30 photographs. [Album 30/07/05 ]




About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | ©2004 - 2011