Photo Albums


Peter Paul Builders


Games Photo Albums - Gretna FC

The pictures featured in the albums within this section of the site were taken before, during and after matches involving St Mirren FC.

The albums open in a new browser window (1000x700) so you need to ensure your computer display resolution is set to at least 1024x768. If the album fails to open then you may have to adjust your pop-up blocker settings.


Season 2007 - 2008



"... so very pleasing... "

Download - Team Lines

ICT FC 6-1 Gretna 3rd May 2008

Caley Jags had their biggest winning margin, since entering the SPL, when they beat Gretna 6-1 at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium today. It only took little more than a half a minute from kick off before Dougie Imrie fired the ball past Gretna keeper Greg Fleming. Rory McAllister headed home Caley Jags' second goal on 24 mins after Fleming intercepted and pushed away a Marius Niculae header. Then 3 mins later Steven Hogg headed home from a Brendan McGill free-kick. Barry Wilson netted Caley Jags' third on 51 mins blasting the ball from 20 yards past Fleming. Don Cowie had set up Imrie for the first goal. Imrie returned the favour on 70 mins when he cut the ball back to Cowie for Caley Jags' fourth of the day. Guy Kerr's corner was then headed home on 89 mins by Ross Tokely. Finally, Iain Vigurs volleyed number six 2 mins into injury time.

Craig Brewster was pleased with the team's performance: "It was a good performance by the boys and very comfortable in the end.  There were six good goals and six different scorers - so very pleasing all round."

Current Gretna boss Mick Wadsworth said: "It's been a bad week, we've lost a couple of players - Kissock and Baldacchino... I don't want to make excuses because I thought Inverness were terrific... having said that, I thought the first goal was scandalous... it was at least three metres offside..."

03-May-08, 104 Photos


"... we didn't panic... "

Download - Team Lines

Gretna 1-2 ICT FC 5th April 2008

Caley Jags were determined to return to winning ways when they met Gretna at Fir Park. A frustrating first half finished goalless as Caley Jags managed to pass by five excellent scoring opportunities. The deadlock was finally broken on 71 mins with Roy McBain slotting home following a Dougie Imrie pass. It only took a further 2 mins for Caley Jags to double the lead with a fine finish from Don Cowie. Gretna fought back and managed to score their first and only goal against Caley Jags on 80 mins. A Kyle Naughton shot was stopped but not held by Michael Fraser. Craig Barr was on hand and blasted the loose ball past Fraser.

After the match Caley Jags manager Craig Brewster commented on the missed opportunities: "We had five great chances in the first half, not just good chances, great chances... I was worried when we were missing those chances but we didn't panic, we kept playing it around and that was important."

Current Gretna boss Mick Wadsworth said: "I was asked if it was hard motivating the players but it's not because they are a smashing bunch of kids... they are just a joy and I just really, really wish we could get a result."

05-Apr-08, 90 Photos


"... we're happy..."

ICT FC 3-0 Gretna 5th January 2008

Caley Jags bring their unbeaten run of home games to five after seeing off Gretna. An eight minute spell towards the end of the first half determined the outcome of the game. On form Marius Niculae drove home past Gretna keeper Tony Caig from 25 yards after receiving the ball from Russell Duncan on 33 mins. Five minutes later Niculae was bundled down in the box by Chris Innes. The resulting penalty was taken decisively by John Rankin. Caley Jags third of the day came from Niculae on 41 mins. Ross Tokley headed on a Grant Munro corner which Niculae volleyed home.

Craig Brewster was rightly pleased with today's performance: "It's pleasing when you score three goals and you don't concede any... Marius Niculae has scored two goals... the first one was sweet and the second a snap volley... so we're happy with that."

Gretna's Davie Irons said: "... I've said to the players it's easy to play when you are 3-0 down... I need players out there who will play when it' 0-0. When you lose a goal it's important not to concede again quickly... It gives us a mountain to climb in the second half. We knew the SPL would be tough but we won't give up."

05-Jan-08, 77 Photos


"It was a good day..."

Gretna 0-4 ICT FC 27th October 2007

A SPL record low turn out of 1092 saw Caley Jags pick up three points in a four goal demolition of SPL newbies Gretna. With only 2 mins on the clock Dennis Wyness netted his 101st goal for the club after Ross Tokely was bundled down in the box by David Cowan. This was followed on 31 mins by Caley Jags second goal when Don Cowie hit his free kick from 25 yards past keeper Tony Caig. Barry Wilson came on during the second half and added to the Caley Jags tally on 73 mins with a fine finish from 6 yards. Roy McBain's 30 yard shot, 2 mins later, went in off the bar to give Caley Jags their fourth and final goal of the match. A lot more was expected from a Gretna side that showed no spirit. The Caley Jags supporters chant of the day: "You're just a pub team."

It was a pleased Craig Brewster commenting after the match: "It was a good day, very pleasing to get the four goals and especially not to concede any and keep the clean sheet.  We are all delighted with the three points... "

Dejected Gretna manager David Irons said: " "It was a poor result for us and I'm very disappointed... it was a test of character to come back from that and the players did not respond... we have let ourselves down big style with that performance."

27-Oct-07, 101 Photos


"It was a good team performance..."

ICT FC 3-0 Gretna 25th September 2007

This CIS cup tie brought together the two SPL basement clubs for the first time this season. It was the home side that had the best of the early chances. Caley Jags controlled most of the play and were deserved winners of this meeting. Graham Bayne marked his return to the starting line-up when he headed home the opening goal on 21 mins. Barry Wilson increased the lead on 67 mins when he slotted home a low cross from Dennis Wyness. Then, on 80 mins Wyness scored the final goal of the evening when he tapped in a Ross Tokely through ball.

Craig Brewster commenting after the match said: "It was a good team performance and that's what I am looking for, a real solid unit with a back four protecting the goalkeeper, the midfield supporting the strikers and everyone plays their part, that's the bonus of having a real good team spirit , good unit and a good structure."

25-Sep-07, 61 Photos



About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | ©2004 - 2011